When a real estate Brokerage is acting as a “seller’s agent,” it must do what is best for the seller of a property.
A written contract, called a “Listing Agreement”, establishes seller agency. It also explains services the Brokerage will provide, establishes a fee arrangement for the REALTOR’S services and specifies what obligations a seller may have.
A seller’s agent must tell the seller anything known about a buyer. For instance, if a seller’s agent knows a buyer is willing to offer more for a property, that information must be shared with the seller.
Confidences a seller shares with a seller’s agent must be kept confidential from potential buyers and others.
Although confidential information about the seller cannot be discussed, a buyer working with a seller’s agent can expect fair and honest service from the seller’s agent and disclosure of pertinent information about the property.
- Today 02/18 0%Partly CloudyA mix of clouds and sun. High near -10C. Winds N at 15 to 25 km/h.Tomorrow 02/19 10%Partly CloudyIntervals of clouds and sunshine. High -8C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 km/h.Wednesday 02/20 20%OvercastOvercast. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High -3C. Winds ESE at 15 to 25 km/h.Thursday 02/21 40%Snow ShowersMainly cloudy with snow showers around in the morning. High 1C. Winds W at 25 to 40 km/h. Chance of snow 40%.